Saturday 3 March 2012

Monster Buggy Bites the Dust

What a day. I am mentally and physically exhausted. To prevent me ranting here it is in bullet points.

* My "designated twin's" feeding pattern went a bit haywire last night so I was knackered to start with.

* Had an arguement with DH while making breakfast, can't even remember what about now - general lack of respect of my housework.

* Put away washing, changed both moses baskets and all three cots. Fed babies, made lunch.

* Managed half an hours nap, woke up to babies screaming.

* We decided to take our triple buggy for a test drive. DH got it out the garage yesterday and I spent an hour refitting the footmuffs and harnesses. I haven't used it until now because I've been recovering from c section. We were only going to Waitrose. Got half way there, crossing a main road and one of the wheels snapped off. Had to stop on the island in the middle of the road and take DD1 out. DH pushed the buggy home without one of the front wheels, fortunately both babies asleep and I had to walk with DD, lifting her across roads (I guess my scar has heeled ok!)

* DH left me on my own at teatime to see if his dad could fix the broken bit. Both babies had leaky nappies (one outfit got thrown away it was so bad) and one was sick on the carpet.

Fortunately we have now discovered that we can order a new part for the buggy but it might take 10 days to come and until then I can't leave the house on my own as would have to use two buggies/pram. Insurance say I can't drive until my six week check. I am soooo desperate to do something with my parents or MIL!

The only good thing is that all three children have been asleep since 6:30pm, which hasn't happen in days so we have managed to eat a nice dinner and drink a G&T and a glass of wine!

I am exhausted, need to find some strength from somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment