Monday 5 March 2012

Flying Solo

Today is the first day that the girls and I have been completely home alone. I am quite glad that the monster buggy is out of action, if I am honest, because I would have tried to go out and quite honestly surviving the day at home has been more than enough.

You might say that I am making life harder on myself by attempting to put the twins in a Gina routine. But I believe that it will make life easier for all of us in the long run. I do, I do, I do, I do! Things making this even harder for me include

* The girls not always being able to 'last' between feeds. Worse still, one being hungry, the other being asleep! I am desperately trying to sync them for the sake of DD1, otherwise I will always be feeding a baby and not spending time with her!

* We were doing one feed a night, now we seem to be doing two, one of them perilously close to breakfast, meaning that they don't really want their first bottle of the day.

* They are still quite sleepy babies and so spend a lot 'awake time' asleep in their bouncy chairs! But I'll start worrying about this when they stop sleeping at night.

* When they cry during their naps I go up to resettle them and worry about what DD1 is getting up to downstairs and that she's on her own. If I'm downstairs I worry about why the baby/babies are crying.

* I am still getting my fitness back, will be for several months I suspect.

I suppose I will find answers to some or all of these problems, probably about the same time that they change their routine and give me new things to worry about. That's parenthood.

Still, here are some signs that I am not sinking yet...

* I have got dressed every day since getting home from hospital. There haven't been any pyjama days here!

* Most days I manage to shower and wash my hair - this makes everything better"

* I have managed to keep my nails neat and polished. (The key to this is to use a pale or opaque, iridescent polish that doesn't show chips).

* I have started cooking from scratch again, as we've run out of my stash of pre-cooked meals in the freezer.

* I am on top of my basic chores, even though we haven't hoovered upstairs for two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment