Monday 9 April 2012

Misery Guts

Man in tescos queue looking at monster buggy: "Have you got three in there?!"

Me: "Yes"

Man: "That must be hard work"

Me: "Yes" [thinks: what's really hard is fending off idiots like you when I just want to buy a pint of milk!]


Yes it is hard work, some days more than others. Like today. And on those days I am not convinced that I am ever coping. Sometimes I think the bad days are the only time I am actually thinking clearly. Maybe when I think I am coping I am just kidding myself? I actually thought and said to DH today "I don't deserve twins, I am not a good enough mummy!" And I meant it.


  • The twins often don't feed well when I feed them and DH has to take over after he's finished his baby. Yesterday on of them was sick three times when I fed her, that's how rubbish I am.

  • DD1 is being a minx and not eating the food that I spend time cooking her and I can't make her behave any better.

  • Worst: My babies are probably less trouble put together that some single babies and yet I still want more from them (mostly longer, quieter naps please).

Reasons to be happy:



  • It's my birthday on Thursday and DH and I are having our first evening out for six months

  • I just ordered myself a bag and a pair of shoes

  • I have now lost half a stone

  • There were no nappies downstairs when we ran out.

No comments:

Post a Comment